The Instructional Consultant (IC) is an experienced educator recruited and trained by Class Measures. The IC works in conjunction with the mentor to provide support for the teacher throughout the program. The IC serves as the teacher's primary resource for guidance during the program.
All Instructional Consultants have the following qualifications:
- Professional teaching license in Massachusetts;
- Masters Degree or National Board Certification;
- Minimum three years teaching experience.
Instructional Consultants must apply for the position with Class Measures and attend periodic training sessions offered by Class Measures.
For information on becoming an Instructional Consultant please see Consulting Opportunities.
INSTRUCTIONAL CONSULTANT RESPONSIBILITIES
The Instructional Consultant will:
- Contact the enrolled teacher and mentor to arrange a schedule for the program
- Participate in all 3-Way meetings
- Conduct 2 announced observations, including verbal and written feedback
- Assist in development of the portfolio
- Work with the mentor to agree upon formative and summative ratings
- Sign all required paperwork at the end of the program, assuming all parties agree that the enrolled teacher should be endorsed for Initial licensure